A few days ago I found a huge box in front of the house. Inside of the the box I found a shiny glossy mushroom garden stool. It was a gift from my best friend. For days I wanted to take a photo of it in the garden, but by the time I came home from the office, it would be too dark to get a decent photo without using the flash. I really don't like the harsh lighting of flash photos. This morning, I finally had the opportunity to take it out in the garden to get a decent photo.
Green mushrooms are not common in nature. The only one that comes to mind is Hygrocybe psittacina, commonly knows as parrot mushroom. Its cap ranges from 1.5 to 4 cm broad. Its color can be bright green to dark green to olive green when young, changing to some shade of pink, yellow, or orange in age. It's edible but nobody I know eats it since it's small and slimy with no distinctive taste.
The garden stool reminds me of a giant parrot mushroom.
|Hygrocybe psittacina, a.k.a. parrot mushroom|